Dan Buch wrote:
Let's say that we take HA out of the equation

Well, okay, but I thought that was the point of this discussion? ;-)

and that our supposed
infrastructure already has storage and web covered.

How so? Are you storing all your data in a relational database? Is someone else running a caching web proxy in front of you?

The app will be
used by *maybe* 50 concurrent users.

What kind of usage are they each up to? Just reading? Lots of modifying objects? Are they authenticated? If so, how? Again, where you store your data makes a difference here...

I'm already pretty confident in
the answer, but would I do okay with something like "Config 1" shown
here:  (please forgive the HUGE URL)

Why the obsession with Sun? What's their brand getting you?

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk