zope 2.8.5 + zeo
python 2.3.4 (red hat distribution)
Red Hat RHEL 4
Plone 2.1.2

Our zeo clients hang intermittently.  We have no way of reproducing the
problem, but it occurs daily. The client hangs and a restart seems to fix the
problem.
Install DeadlockDebugger and you'll be able to see what is
the state of your threads when Zope becomes unresponsive.

In the event log with tracing on we get

Trace zeo.zrpc.Connection(C) wait(16697) {server:8100} pending, async=0

There are hundreds to thousands of these until the server is restarted.

In the zeo log we get

Error caught in asyncore asyncore.py

error:(110,'Connection timed out')
I'm not sure what these errors are. Maybe firewall between zeo
server and zeo client closes the connections or something like that?

--
Maciej Wisniowski