Hi Pierre,

Hi,

I had a simple question about the milestone you want to setup. When you
are talking about the "milestone" what do you really means by this? As far
as what I'm understanding by this and my little knowledge on projet
development; will this mostly translates into a *snapshot* or a *tag* in
the SVN repository associated with all the files at the current milestone
so it will be possible to check-out all the projet as it was when the
milestone was created?

yes, the goal is to create a brunch, provide release candidate and tag
it, after all is fine.
We call it milestone, not a real release, b/c it's a common thing for
Apache Incubator project to have *milestones* instead of releases.
Projects like Geronimo or MyFaces used this pattern successfully.

In other word, could you clarify / confirm the use of milestone?

You mean should users use the M1 in their production?

And if my understanding is correct, then I would also agree that with the
renaming / repackaging from ADF-faces to Trinidad (along with the fews
patches that were commited since may/june/july incubation) the milestone
would be approriate.

Good to hear; the patches are against the *old* namespace/package, right?
Any chance to overhaul them?

I have only 1 small concerns tought, before the milestone is done, there
was a new component added by Simon about the outputDocument, and there is
still
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-86
opened concerning this component, maybe it would be useful to
commits/closes the issues since the component will likely be in the
milestone released?

we'll look into it. Raising up issues like this was one goal of my email too;
thanks for participating!

-Matthias

thanks!

Pierre-Luc Archambault
Fujitsu Consulting

"Joseph Rozier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit sur 2006-08-01 11:55:42
:

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com