On Fri, 15 May 2020, Justina Colmena ~biz wrote:

> On May 15, 2020 3:04:06 AM AKDT, jeanfrancois <jfsimon1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Justine,
> >
> >No one except a few people probably make OpenBSD so you won't
> >find what you expect here, except what you put in if we can say so.

> There is too much "help" out there, and no enterprise to speak of. The
> risk of criminal prosecution is too high, people are dealing drugs on
> OpenBSD, and the cops are cracking down, but it sure ain't the dealers
> taking the fall for the drugs in any court of law. It's us "users" who
> haven't paid our dues for "protection" from the usual extortion rackets
> in town, not that we actually made a "choice" of our own free will to do
> anything illegal.
>

> >So it depends upon if you find it worthwhile to investigate.
> >
> >I deeply think OpenBSD needs to remain small that's all, but it's free

> A small trusted (audited) code base is great: lean and mean is
> definitely the right spirit, but some of the underlying hardware and the
> interfaces to connect to it are getting out of hand. It's undocumented,
> or poorly documented, subject to NDA and exclusive agreements with SCO
> and MSFT.
>
> I would need to get basic laptop hardware recognized and booted properly
> before I'm SWATted, trespassed off the property, arrested, and end up
> having all my computer equipment confiscated by corrupt
> thin-blue-line-flag cops on the take.
>
> No I'm not blaming OpenBSD, don't take it that way. It's the Chaos
> Computer Club, the Cult of the Dead Cow, and similar groups who have
> gotten into the U.S. government and gained the ability to file and
> prosecute arbitrary criminal charges against Targeted Individuals.
>
> >you can use it if you like, and even create projects and then let us
> >know about it.

> Nice. I can "use" it, "responsibly," I presume. I'm not a "hacker" and
> I'm not breaking any laws and I'm not taking anyone's paid job away by
> using open source.
> >
> >That's what advocacy also is for.

> Well I probably do need an attorney to defend myself against all the
> civil and criminal allegations from the SCO team et alia, or I would,
> except all those attorneys are on Facebook and Twitter, they use
> Microsoft Windows in the office, and they're in trouble with the bar
> because they're all THIEVES IN LAW (???? ? ??????) hard at work stealing
> money, confiscating property, and REVOKING basic human rights and
> dignities "on vice" for life without recourse.
>
> Sorry for the rant, but somehow we've got to get a grip on serious
> organized crime, somehow grab those guys by their scruffy white collars
> or dirty blue collars or whatever is the requisite clothing for their
> chosen profession or vocation, haul *them* into their own court system,
> make *them* face the charges for their crimes, rather than allowing them
> to live a life of crime and use their court system as a tool against us.

Sounds a bit paranoid to me.

However, preserving personal freedom and safety from crooks and corruption
is an important, if endless task.    One person can't do much, but of
course, it's all those one person commitments that gave us what we have
now.  Find what you can do best, do it, and share the news.  It should
inspire others.

OpenBSD, in it's field, is one of the most pure and interesting examples
of that kind of philosophy.

A.