Hi all,

as you all know, OOo is trying to support the ODF file formats by developing ODF related desktop icons for document representation.

The present approach contains:

- add "ODF" on a rectangular area to a detailed (depending on the scale) graphical representation of the file type.

- remove all application related information.

- remove all color information except the intensive blue tone of the rectangle.

The reasons for doing so have been told:

- Primary colors are stronger than secondary, therefore blue has been used instead of the actual colors of the ODF community.

- By reducing the other information (color and application information) ODF becomes more important.

- They think that it would be reasonable not to tell anything about the application opening the ODF documents, because this would be irrelevant to the user.

I can't follow these argumentation, therefore I'd like to show the relevant people that it is possible to

- combine ODF and OOo information in one icon
- keep color information in the icons
- use the colors of the official ODF community logo:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/26771/ODF_220-03a.png
(and perhaps the text and the form of the lower part)

Jens already started some designs to show me that this is possible.

Does anybody of you is interested to join this effort?

Best regards

Bernhard