Hi All,

 Jens Habermann <mail...@jenshabermann.de> wrote;
> you can see my icon design ideas on my WIki Page ( some more next days... )
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:JensGH

Hi Jens, I really like how the Application icons hint at an "application" with
the coloured mast and grey application body, (or did I just misunderstand your
Design?). I only speak for myself when I say the file icons might be a bit too
abstract for file icons. I don't get the orb reference, it might be something
I'm missing. I think users have so many applications installed that it helps
when an application's icon suggests what the file contains. I know the
"paper-sheet-with-symbols" thing has been done, but it works! I like how
electronic office files mirror the physicality of paper office files, I think
that metaphor should be retained because it has been throughly thought through
and time-tested.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Overkill#Work_in_progress

I've uploaded a quick screen capture (the link above) of some rough work on
file icons showing a piece of paper with a coloured letterhead-mast and symbols
to represent the file content and application. The ODF icon is "stamped" on the
bottom to make it identifiable as such. The files are really rough and quickly
made, the gulls are improvised, the colours aren't accurate, the typeface is
best-guess. Its just to gauge a response, if no-one likes it, no harm done and
I'll bury it. Please take a look anywho (at the two with drop-shadows
especially).

As always, let me know what you think =)
-Nik

Last chance to win a Sony entertainment pack thanks to Yahoo!7. Hurry, ends Nov
30. Enter now: http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/