The reference is to the Sura 36= Heart of the Qur'an
36:13

am sending this from my work during a break
hope you can read it

khazeh.fananapazir

Set forth to them, by way of a parable, the (story of) the Companions of the
City. Behold!, there came apostles to it.

And set out to them an example of the people of the town, when the messengers
came to it.

Coin for them a similitude: The people of the city when those sent came unto
them;

 Waidrib lahum mathalan as-haba alqaryati ith jaaha almursaloona

36:14 When We (first) sent to them two apostles, they rejected them: But We
strengthened them with a third: they said, "Truly, we have been sent on a
mission to you."

When We sent to them two, they rejected both of them, then We strengthened
(them) with a third, so they said: Surely we are messengers to you.

When We sent unto them twain, and they denied them both, so We reinforced them
with a third, and they said: Lo! we have been sent unto you.

 Ith arsalna ilayhimu ithnayni fakaththaboohuma faAAazzazna bithalithin faqaloo
inna ilaykum mursaloona

36:15 The (people) said: "Ye are only men like ourselves; and (God) Most
Gracious sends no sort of revelation: ye do nothing but lie."

They said: You are naught but mortals like ourselves, nor has the Beneficent
God revealed anything; you only lie.

 They said: Ye are but mortals like unto us. The Beneficent hath naught
revealed. Ye do but lie!
Qaloo ma antum illa basharun mithluna wama anzala alrrahmanu min shay-in in
antum illa takthiboona