On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 12:46:21 -0000, Khazeh Fananapazir
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In a sense, if we look deeply, and carefully, with a sense of the Sacred in
> our heart we find Progressive Revelation adumbrated/anticipated/ alluded to
> in all the Holy Books.

Do you have a specific definition of Progressive Revelation that one
can refer to? Because looking at the passage you quote in the Quran:

 023.044
> YUSUFALI: THEN SENT WE OUR MESSENGERS IN SUCCESSION: every time there came
> to a people their messenger, they accused him of falsehood: so We made them
> follow each other (in punishment): We made them as a tale (that is told): So
> away with a people that will not believe!

It says you the messengers were sent one after another but it doesn't
necessarily let you say exactly how the messengers or their messages
are related. Is one message higher than another? Deeper than another?
Easier than another? Harder than another? Better? Is it the exact same
message?

For example, in Martin Ling's book "What is Sufism?" he talks about
the various revelations but he compares them to waves coming in from
the Ocean. Every once in a while, the wave comes, and leaves behind
water. But the water is all the same. It comes from the same Ocean. So
is that what you mean? Or are you trying to say that the water in the
new wave is different from the water in the previous wave?