Dear Khazeh,

You cut and pasted the following assertion:

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 19:14:52 -0000, Khazeh Fananapazir
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nowhere in the Gospels do we find any reference to the
> unity of nations or the unification of mankind as a
> whole. When Jesus spoke
> to those around Him, He addressed them primarily as individuals rather than
> as component parts of one universal, indivisible entity. The whole surface
> of the earth was as yet unexplored, and the organization of all its peoples
> and nations as one unit could, consequently, not be envisaged, how much less
> proclaimed or established.

Gilberto:
So one way to look at religious history is to strive and make
distinctions among the various religions. You can choose to emphasize
how religions are different from one another. You can say the second
one is better than the first one. The third one is better than the
second one.

Another way to look at religions is to point to the similarities. You
say that world unity wasn't envisioned in the Gospel but even in
Judaism there is a concept of Tikkun Olam or "repairing the world"
which I've been told is linguistically related to the original
expression for the Bahai term "ever advancing civilzation". The vision
was already there in the past. They didn't need someone new to tell
them about it. They just needed to pay attention to what they had.

Even centuries before Jesus in the book of Isaiah the Jews envisioned
how in the future

Isaiah 2:
[4] He shall judge between the nations,
and shall decide for many peoples;
and they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruning hooks;
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more.