"Susan, it could be argued that our efforts, in general, have been less
effective in urban areas....One cannot be sure that Ruhi, itself, is less
effective than any other approach in urban areas."

Dear James,

Yes, if effectiveness is measured by an increase in human resources or entry
by troops, then it could be said other methods don't seem any more
effective. However, we certainly can measure whether urban versus rural
Baha'is personally find Ruhi as enriching as much as they might like some
other approach.

"Again, the method should not be automatically faulted; there may be other
extinuating circumstances."

The opposite would also be true. Areas where Baha'is are very active in
study circles might experience large-scale growth just because they have
active Baha'is to begin with, not because of Ruhi. I expect to see high
growth, for instance, in the triangle area of North Carolina which is very
active in Ruhi. But it was identified by the NTC as the area with the
greatest potential for large scale growth long before Ruhi.

warmest, Susan