> I don't think Baha'u'llah says anything explicitly on this matter
> whatsoever. However, the particular passage in question most definitely
> presumes that a House can operate without an Aghsan.

While technically your last sentence is correct, the fact remains that
Baha'u'llah did not say anything whatsoever about the Guardianship.  The
addition of Guardian to the House of Justice was Abdu'l-Baha's innovation.

When Abdu'l-Baha expanded this membership to include the Guardian of the Cause,
He also expanded the scope of the House of Justice to include such things as
ruling on things that cause differences, etc.

As I stated earlier, the definition of the scope of the Universal House of
Justice has evolved over time, and therefore it is important to examine the
Texts related to this august institution in light of the scope that was
intended by the Writer of that specific passage (as oppose to trying to relate
them all to the present House of Justice).

Regards,
Ahang.

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com