> "I thought this too, until someone suggested to me that
> the guidance of the first Guardian as laid down in
> numerous letters could be seen as that there is still
> a Guardian, and that the Universal House of Justice
> consults with the Guardian when they consult his
> letters."

Whoever suggested this to you needs to think a bit further down the road.
There are a whole range of issues that confront us today that were not even
known in 1957 or earlier, and have no expressions in the writings associated
with the period of the Guardianship.  This will only get more complex as years
go by and we get further away from the society of 1950's.  Therefore to suggest
that we can find the answers to all the present and future issues in the
writings of Shoghi Effendi is too unrealistic.

Abdu'l-Baha was perfectly aware of that which is why He called for a continual
line of Guardianship.  Otherwise, He would have said only one Guardian will do.

So we have lost something with termination of the Guardianship.  That loss must
be acknowledged and factored into our analysis.

Regards,
Ahang.

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com