"In a hierarchical reading, it would suggest that the primary decision about
disposition of the waqf resides with the Aghsan, but the House of Justice,
when
formed, has a role in execution of this decision.
That is, it could be understood that the House of Justice, when formed,
would
assist Abdu'l-Baha in execution of decisions He made regarding waqf
properties."

Dear Ahang,

That strikes me as reading much more into the passage than is actually
there. It's seems pretty obviously chronological to me.

> Otherwise, the endowments
> shall
> revert to the people of Baha who speak not except by His leave

<snip>

"Now this is the part I don't understand.  Since Baha'u'llah has already
mentioned the Aghsan and the House of Justice, then who has He in mind in
this
passage?  Note the transition word:  Otherwise!"

When He mentions the House of Justice He stipulates that His statement is
contingent on the House of Justice having been formed *prior* to the end of
the line of the Aghsan. The verse above applies if that House has not yet
been formed. As it turned out, this was precisely the case and it was the
Hands who represented the People of Baha until the House could be elected.

warmest, Susan