The Baha'i Studies Listserv
>Would non-Bahais be bound by Baha'i laws or not?

Dear Stephen,

I don't think we can say for sure but if we use Islam as the precedence,
non-Muslims in a Muslim state were generally expected to abide by the laws
of their own religion. For instance, while Muslims were not allowed to
drink alcohol, Christians and Jews could both produce and imbibe it.

> Why should non-Bahais care about Baha'i laws?

I guess you'll have to ask the non-Baha'is that question. ;-} In my view
they shouldn't unless they are considering becoming Baha'is or we start
acting like we are going to impose our laws on them against their will.

> How should public policy be decided in current societies whether Jewish,
> Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc?

Baha'is are rather fond of consultation when it comes to setting policy.

warmest, Susan