The Baha'i Studies Listserv
 Things
> like adoption and marriage are private contracts and the government has no
> reason to interfere is the standard Libertarian Right argument.

I would largely agree with that except that in the case of adoption
the 'contract' involves a party unable to speak up for themselves,
namely the child.

 Also, what I've read from various blogs like
> Karen Bacquet's blogs and various other is that the ideal of Baha'i
> Administration and the reality of Baha'i Administration are two separate
> things. Actually the stories I've read of Baha'i Administration in action
> rivals North Korea, Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, and other such places in
> terms of totalitarianism.

If you use disgruntled ex-Baha'is as your source of information that
is what you are going to hear. However, if you had actually interacted
with the Baha'i community in real life rather than just on the
internet I think you would have found out differently.

> Interesting side note, what if consultation resulted in the people involved
> accepting anything forbidden by the Kitab-I-Aqdas?

Consultation does not trump the Word of God. If it did, there would be
no need for revelation.

> Also, I find your description of Administrators to be not consistent with
> the facts of how Administrators actually behave.

And you know what about this from personal experience. Nothing.