The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Susan, how would consultation work in the overall world rather than just in the
Baha'i community? You seem to forget about all the non-Baha'i religious texts
out there. You also seem to think that any group of people with any types of
religious beliefs can get together and consult with each other and the result
will be that people will naturally never do anything forbidden in the Aqdas
even without the knowledge of the Aqdas.

Consultation would be impossible if it required all participants had to have
extensive knowledge of all religious texts ever. Also, all actions would be
impossible because of the possibility of being forbidden in some religious text.

How are people supposed to use consultation as a model without superimposing
Baha'i religious texts on non-Baha'is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_text

Sent from my iPad