The Baha'i Studies Listserv
Scientific literature indicates that parents' financial, psychological and
physical well-being is enhanced by marriage and that children benefit from
being raised by two parents within a legally recognized union (either a
opposite-sex or same-sex union). As a result, professional scientific
associations have argued for same-sex marriage to be legally recognized as it
will be beneficial to the children of same-sex couples.[20][21][22][34][35][36]
Scientific research has been generally consistent in showing that lesbian and
gay parents are as fit and capable as heterosexual parents, and their children
are as psychologically healthy and well-adjusted as children reared by
heterosexual parents.[21][36][37][38] According to scientific literature
reviews, there is no evidence to the contrary.[39][40][41][42]
http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/general/2010/10/27/amicus29.pdf
http://www.cpa.ca/cpasite/userfiles/Documents/Practice_Page/Marriage_SameSex_Couples_PositionStatement.pdf
http://dx.doi.org/10.1542%2Fpeds.2006-1279
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16818585