I should have said, I changed the following parameter to resolve the issue:

max-records-per-type 1000;

--James

On 7/24/24 07:18, James Stegemeyer wrote:

Thanks for the new release, and the hard work you do.

I recently upgraded from 9.18.24 to 9.18.28 per prompting by Ubuntu USN-6909-1 to preform a security update.  I deployed this into production after passing some tests when installed in a lab.  After the upgrade, Internal Zones that were hosted by Windows Active Directory were rejected and caused a production impact.  Under Windows Active Directory, the DC's create a round robin DNS record at the apex of the zone and the number of entries approximately match the number of DC's in the domain. It is not uncommon to have hundreds of DC's in a domain, so setting a limit of 100 will likely cause a series of unexpected outages for IT administrators.   Because this change restricts existing functionality, This is a breaking change and as such should be reserved to a minor release. If this feature was critical to resolve an issue a provider was having, it should be shipped with default values of 0 causing it to be effectively disabled allowing the provider to opt in.

I was able to resolve this issue by adding the following directive to the affected views:
max-types-per-name 1000;

--James