On Wed, May 08, 2024 at 08:13:20AM +0200, Johan Helsingius via cctalk wrote:
> On 08/05/2024 05:53, Tony Duell via cctalk wrote:
> > [1] Apparently there's a slogan on the wall of the QUAD workshop
> > 'Ohm's Law rules here. Oxygen-free cable is not required'
>
> That would have been back when Quad was run by Peter J. Walker
> who was a no-nonsense engineer. Unfortunately the company is
> owned by IAG Group (Shenzen, China) and has resorted to more
> "audiophile" oriented marketing.
>
> As to real audiophile scams, there are companies making
> "audiophile" ethernet switches and even special, very
> expensive linear power supplies for ethernet switches
> for those audiophiles who have switched to streaming
> music. Oh, and audiophile USB cables...

I've seen "audio phile grade" Ethernet cables, promising "smoother
sound delivery" and other, impossible to measure, nonsense. Basically
bog-standard cat5 cable in fancy dress with eye-watering markup.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Kind regards,
          Alex.
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison