Hi,

On 20-01-2024 23:22, Steve Langasek wrote:
So I think an algorithm for deciding the uploads to experimental looks like
this:

- download source from unstable.
- apply the packagename conversion to the source.
- grab the debdiff.
- submit the NMU diff to the BTS.
- download the source again from experimental (possibly a no-op).
- apply the debdiff to the source.

Except with a *lower* version number than you submitted to the BTS or in two steps below, with a higher version than you submitted to the BTS. (I assume everybody reading this realized that, but just in case.)

- if it fails to apply (meaning: debian/control has changed), skip.
   otherwise, build and upload to experimental.
- after packages have cleared binary NEW, upload sourceful NMUs to unstable
   for all these packages with the same debdiff as before.
- if there are any packages included in the uploads to unstable that were
   skipped for experimental because of different sonames there, deal with
   binary NEW then in unstable.

Paul