At 11:21 AM -0700 5/10/06, Wendy Smoak wrote:
On 5/10/06, Joe Germuska <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This seems like the smallest of things, but the distribution includes
struts-core-1.3.4.jar and not struts-action-1.3.4.jar.

I thought we'd decided to change that?  The upgrade notes wiki page
refers to struts-action:
http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsUpgradeNotes12to13

We decided to call the entire subproject "Struts Action" (rather than
Struts Core or Struts Classic).

That individual artifactId was changed back to struts-core during the
Maven reorganization.  I'm fairly sure I mentioned it on the list, but
I'm having trouble finding messages that talk about struts-core and
struts-action among all the commit messages in the archives.

In summary, struts-core.jar contains the core of the Action framework.
Eventually, I would like to have a 'struts-action.jar' that contains
the _entire_ framework, the equivalent of 'struts.jar' from the 1.2
branch, or the Spring framework's full 'spring.jar'.

I'm fine on this -- in fact, I think that "struts-action" implies what you described, and it's better to keep what's now known as "struts-core" from "usurping" that name!

Can I count you as +1, or does this need further discussion?

+1 GA

But I just noticed something else; for some reason the registration of the Tiles 1.1 DTD was removed, even though I don't know of anything that makes Tiles unable to function if one has a valid-according-to-that-DTD tiles-definitions.xml.

Given that at this moment we appear to be having systems problems with apache.org machines, this is annoying; is there any reason not to restore that registration? The 1.1 DTD is included in the JAR; it's just not registered in XmlParser.

I don't think this qualifies as a reason not to grant GA status.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
[EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://blog.germuska.com