what I liked about Mark's proposal for a VP D&I is that it sets a very
clear top-down message that the Board is taking this matter seriously and
that ongoing monthly reports are something we are committing to

I think that is diluted somewhat in both intent and impact if this is
"relegated" to a provisional side-project under ComDev