In the interest of gathering data on the impact of the name beyond my own
personal experience and understanding, is anyone aware of the details of
past complaints about the name?

Researching this topic I stumbled across a decade old thread that makes a
lot of incorrect claims as I understand them about the term Apache but also
says that people have spoken out before claiming to be Apache
representatives:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/9mjrmp1omw5rblt6dklktp1w0pn2p7mp can anyone
shine any light on the complaints referenced in here?

Also ASF’s page https://www.apache.org/apache-name/ says:

> On occasion, we have been asked about claims about use of the
> “Apache” name by the Apache Native American communities.

Unfortunately the page doesn’t provide further details. Does anyone have
any more info about the history referenced on this page or any other
dialogues that they’d be able to share and add some more data points to
this discussion?