On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 11:12 AM, Matei Zaharia <matei.zaha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there any way to remove artifacts from Maven Central? Maybe that would
> help clean these things up long-term, though it would create problems for
> users who for some reason decide to rely on these previews.
>
> In any case, if people are *really* concerned about this, we should just
> put it there. My thought was that it's better for users to do something
> special to link to this release (e.g. add a reference to the staging repo)
> so that they are more likely to know that it's a special, unstable thing.
> Same thing they do to use snapshots.
>
> Matei

So, consider this thread started on another project :
https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@bahir.apache.org/msg00038.html

What would be your recommendation ?
   - Start a release based on Apache Spark 2.0.0 preview staging repo ? I
would  reject that...
   - Start a release on a set of artifacts that are going to be deleted ? I
would also reject that

To me, if companies are using the release on their products, and other
projects are relying on the release to provide a way for users to test,
this should be considered as any other release, published permanently,
which at some point will become obsolete and users will move on to more
stable releases.

Thanks

--
Luciano Resende