> I still don't know where this "severely compromised builds of limited
> usefulness" thing comes from? what's so bad? You didn't veto its
> release, after all.

I simply mean that it was released with the knowledge that there are still
significant bugs in the preview that definitely would warrant a veto if
this were intended to be on a par with other releases.  There have been
repeated announcements to that effect, but developers finding the preview
artifacts on Maven Central months from now may well not also see those
announcements and related discussion.  The artifacts will be very stale and
no longer useful for their limited testing purpose, but will persist in the
repository.