On 5/10/06, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We can always recall a release

We can reclassify the quality of a release, but once it hits the
mirrors, it hits the mirrors, so we can't "recall" it per se.

or throw out a new one if a major issue
has been found,

We can roll another 1.x release, and, hopefully, we will. But, "throw
out" seems cavalier. I'm also concerned about language like "good
enough for GA." Is there something better than GA?

I'm all in favor of release often and release early, especially when
it comes to milestones. But, GA needs to mean "as good as it gets" and
"ready for primetime", not just "good enough for JavaOne".