On 5/31/06, Gary VanMatre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>From: "Wendy Smoak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> On 5/31/06, Sean Schofield wrote:
>
> > I think the ultimate answer depends on whether we know for sure that
> > we want separate releases. It doesn't sound like we know for sure so
> > maybe we should just stick with one shale/trunk. For MyFaces we had
> > as a goal to break out tomahawk from the core. But it doesn't sound
> > like we have that strong of a reason in this case.
>
> I think there's a good argument for releasing Clay and the Test
> Framework separately.

I have a couple more variations of the rolodex usecase example in the
works. I agree that it would be good to pull Clay out of the core
usecases.   What ever it takes to let maven do it's magic.

I would also like to setup a Clay mail reader version.  Could we go ahead
and add an empty maven project under the clay-plugin for this in addition to
the usecases?

Sounds like a good opportunity to test out Maven's archetype capabilities,
if that part of the conversion is done :-).

Craig

Sean, why don't you go ahead and check in what you've got, and don't
> worry too much about recording the commands it took to get there
> exactly. With the test repo as a reference, we'll be able to figure
> it out.
>
> I don't want to lose momentum, and it's easier to discuss the project
> structure when there's something real to check out and look at. :)
>
> Once we agree on the overall structure, we can start moving things in
> the Struts svn repo, with the understanding that it may take a few
> days to get it all arranged and building again.

After the new structuring, I could move the Clay usecase stuff out into a
empty maven project.  I'm a maven newbie so I'll let you guys to the new
wiring :-)

Gary