--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would second Andy's comments. ALE400 in ARQ mode is something that
has to be experienced; quasi full duplex is really nice. A few weeks
ago, I had a QSO with Txema who is located in Spain. Even though the
conditions were very poor and we were both running about 25 watts or
so, we were able to have a very nice QSO on 20 meters. When deep QSB
occured, the ARQ kicked in and automatically did the retries. I would
nominate this mode ( and Patrick's implementation!)  as one of the
major milestones for digital radio for 2007.

73, Bernie