Why not use the full list of suggested ALE400 frequencies,
1837.0, 3589.0, 7037.5, 10141.5, 14074.0, 14094.0, 18104.5, 21094.0,
24926.0, 28146.0, 50162.5, 144162.5 (AF at 1625 Hz), just like
the ALE HFN frequencies? They are already published and set aside,
just as the normal ALE HFN freqs are. If we start using them
with ALE400 we have a good chance of holding on to them. If
we don't, pactor and other modes will surely assimilate them.
I suggest we do full sounding and scanning on ALE400, just as
ALE HFN does now on the 141A frequencies.

I agree that ALE400 works very well. In fact, much better than
normal ALE. I have had several random ALE400 keyboard contacts
on 20m and the throughput was just fantastic. It is sincerely
hoped that ALE400 be further developed and enhanced and utilized
whenever possible.  With the Swiss Army Knife of digital
communication, MultiPSK, at our disposal, how can we go wrong?
Even if the developers of PCALE and MARSALE refuse to support
ALE400, we can still go very far with it in MultiPSK. Their
loss if they choose not to support ALE400.

Best regards,

Gary E. Kohtala, K7EK

---------------

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Lindecker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hello Andy,
>
> Hereafter is a non exhaustive list of the ALE400 frequencies
(proposed by Bonnie):
> 1837.0, 3589.0, 7037.5, 10141.5, 14074.0, 14094.0, 18104.5, 21094.0,
24926.0, 28146.0, 50162.5, 144162.5 (AF at 1625 Hz)

> The complete list of frequencies is on "http://hflink.com/ale400";.
>
> So for 40, 30, and 20M, it would be 7037.5, 10141.5, 14074.0.
>
> These frequencies must be entered in the "Options" window, for an
automatic scan.

> Note: the features are the same in ALE and ALE400 (which is strictly
an ALE at 50 bauds with 50 Hz between carriers).

> About open source of ALE or ALE400 and ARQ/FAE:
> There is no open source but the specifications are public. The only
difficult point of ALE/ALE400 was the CRC calculation (DTM/DBM) which
is very fuzzy in the specifications. I have supplied my code about
this CRC calculation (HFLINK and Multipsk Yahoo group) so that the
programmation of these modes is normally no so difficult (and it can
be answered to questions in the HFLINK group) .