--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We've been through this too many times, Demetre. I know you "get
it", you
> just won't admit it.
>
> The core issue is not that WinLink conveys email or uses a digital mode
> protocol that's wide or narrow -- its that its unattended stations
(PMBOs)
> transmit without first listening to ensure that the frequency is locally
> clear. The fact that some human operators do this is regrettable and
should
> be aggressively discouraged, but is no excuse for building automated
systems
> that exhibit the same unacceptable behavior. To refer back to your
highway
> analogy, the fact that some people drive cars while they are
intoxicated and
> occasionally injure or kill others is no excuse for building a
high-speed
> computer-controlled vehicle incapable of detecting pedestrians in
its path.

>    73,
>
>         Dave, AA6YQ

Well,

Can you admit that there are people with different points of view
Dave? I'm afraid you can't.

We can all enjoy our hobby without condemnations Dave. Everything is
acceptable in the hobby OM.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year and smile a bit OM!

Winlink, PACKET RADIO or e-mail, etc. are not evil! They are just
another form of DIGITAL MODES which you might not like but others like
them so there!!!

73 de Demetre SV1UY