>>>AA6YQ comments below

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Demetre SV1UY" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

You must admit that the problem you have is not Winlink, but any form
of networking on HF.

>>>Wrong. My "problem" is with unattended stations that transmit
without first listening to see that the frequency is clear. I have no
objection to networking or email over HF. My objection is to
incompetent implementations of any protocol that result in QRM to
other amateurs. A WinLink PMBO that transmits on a frequency that is
already in use is no different than a tranmitter with key clicks or
an amplifier that splatters -- its defective equipment that should be
taken off the air until its unacceptable behavior has been corrected.
WinLink PMBOs can be corrected by adding busy frequency detectors;
were that accomplished, I would have no objection to WinLink
whatsoever. The absence of local regulations or enforcement is no
excuse for amateurs to abandon good hygiene.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ