--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Dave AA6YQ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We've been through this too many times, Demetre. I know you "get
it", you
> just won't admit it.
>
> The core issue is not that WinLink conveys email or uses a digital mode
> protocol that's wide or narrow -- its that its unattended stations
(PMBOs)
> transmit without first listening to ensure that the frequency is locally
> clear. The fact that some human operators do this is regrettable and
should
> be aggressively discouraged, but is no excuse for building automated
systems
> that exhibit the same unacceptable behavior. To refer back to your
highway
> analogy, the fact that some people drive cars while they are
intoxicated and
> occasionally injure or kill others is no excuse for building a
high-speed
> computer-controlled vehicle incapable of detecting pedestrians in
its path.

>    73,
>
>         Dave, AA6YQ

OK Dave,

You must admit that the problem you have is not Winlink, but any form
   of networking on HF. But you should not forgot that Ham Radio is a
diverse hobby and everyone has the right to have a go with the modes
they like. Otherwise everything must be banned except QSOs. Some
people like e-mail on HF, some like chewing the rag to death, some
like contests, some like exchanging pictures or faxes etc. We should
all get along and be tolerant otherwise there is no hobby. And in 99%
of the countries of this world the administrations do not give a damn
about band segments and all this stuff. The subbands are really
gentlements agreement! (no offence to gentledames of course who I
admire). FCC only rules USA. Don't forget the rest of the world. The
rest of the world has more radio hams than USA.

Merry Christmas!!!

73 de Demetre SV1UY