Hi Rick,

You really need to view RM-11392 for what it is, the entire thrust of
RM-11392 in my opinion is an effort at protectionism ( its an old
story that dates back ages ) of obsolete technology and practices by
an attempt to limit the advancement of new technologies and
practices, this is just the opposite of what the Amateur Radio
Service is all about in my opinion. The outcome of what takes place
within the Amateur Radio Service as to what is and what is not
accepted as technology and practices needs to be driven by the
development of technologies and the choices made by the Amateur Radio
community where the rules governing the Amateur Radio Service allow
for the needed experimentation and development of new technology and
practices rather than tightening of the rules to limit such.

I have no love for proprietary PACTOR x or any proprietary protocols
or for automation systems based stations that just sit parked on one
frequency rather than frequency multiplexing. I believe the future of
the Amateur Radio Service will be based on open standards, the best
of which currently are U.S. Federal, Military and NATO standards
which the ARS can adopt as they exist of use as the basis of derived
protocols adapted to the exacting needs of the ARS. However we need
to be moving in the opposite direction of RM-11392, we need 3Khz
bandwidth and relaxation of a number of existing rules here in the
U.S. to keep pace with the world Amateur Radio community.

/s/ Steve, N2CKH