I went ahead today and lashed up a temporary set up so I can key up my
old Kenwood TS-440SAT from my sound card. I don't have separate PTT COM
serial port keying (only CI-V rig control not supported by this
software) and so can not use my ICOM 756 Pro 2 for now.

The 440 seems to test fine with Multipsk but oddly, when I run the
vbdigi program, I can key the rig via VOX operation and send out what
seems like a reasonably good signal, but I can not detect anything on
the waterfall. It just remains blank no matter what. I must be doing
something wrong. Suggestions?