It makes sense to me.

If you have TWO soundcards set in your PC, you need to tell VBdigi the
soundcard settings you want to use.  I have the same setting as you, I
have an internal motherboard based souncard and a Creative PCI card.
The "default" Windows souncard is the PCI car BUT I have all the PC to
rig audio cables connected to the internal card.  So, in DVdigi, I set
mine to SC 2 and all came alive in the waterfall.

Andy K3UK