Tony, well with all the commits about my question
about Beacons. I was part of the testing of the
"NBEMS" and the question came up about Beacons below
10m.

So with the Beacon program that comes with VBdigi, in
the message section I will input a "CQ".

 Now with attended and unattended, with the internet
and a ethernet card and VNC or some other programs
that "you" or any other operator could be the control
operator, So I just call you and say can you keep
check on my station I need to be away, at that time
you would connect via the internet to my PC and be the
control operator, until I get back and take controls
back. I know this is a crude example of controling a
unattended station.

Russell NC5O

--- Tony <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Russel,
>
> If your goal is to set up an automated beacon on the
> 10 meter band, then
> you're ok as per Part 97.203. It looks like your out
> of luck if you want
> to test propagation using your own beacon on the
> lower HF frequencies
> without being present in the shack.
>
> That being the case, why not call CQ instead of
> broadcasting a one way
> beacon? You'll pretty much gain the same knowledge
> about propagation and
> make a contact in the interim!
>
> If your interests are strictly propagation, there's
> always the NCDXF
> beacons. They are in continuous operation 24/7 on
> 14100.0, 18110.0,
> 21.150.0, 24.930.0 and 28.200.0.
>
> Good luck with your endeavors...
>
> Tony -K2MO
>
> >My Question, is a beacon a beacon if is maned, or
> does it have to be
> >unmaned to be a beacon.
> >For me my beacon has not be on the air without
> being here at the PC. So
> >do we scrip the testing or find a
> >spot up on 10m. Russell NC5O

IN GOD WE TRUST !