Rick,

I agree with you completely.  I wouldn't have researched the propnet
group without hearing about it here.  I see where they are operating
"probes" as they call them below 10 meters.  Not sure how legal that
is.  After watching their 30 meter beacons for a while and seeing them
come up over pactor stations in the automatic part of the band, no
wonder winlink hollers.  Just the sort of thing you can get discussed
when folks are interested in operating not only within the rules but
in a considerate fashion.

However, it appears this group is most interested in having a forum
with 4 or 5 posts a day about who is operating what and when.  This
does me little good since I use the digest that is 6 or 12 hours late.
 Obviously some folks have not learned how to skip over threads that
do not interest them.  Others I'm sure don't want to hear what they're
doing may be incorrect.  Sad.  I hope it survives and does well but it
of no interest to me.

To those who think the US rules will not have an effect upon them, I
simply say, just wait!  We are now in a new sunspot cycle.

Jim
WA0LYK