Enough of this juvenile garbage.

Amateur radio in the US is governed by regulations to which we agree to
abide when we are granted a license. These regulations are particularly
important in amateur radio because we all share one set of frequencies.
These regulations are not perfect; in particular, the regulation
constraining Spread Spectrum usage is insufficiently precise, and as a
result precludes the use of techniques on HF that the FCC would likely
approve given a competent exposition. In this situation, an amateur radio
operator interested in using these techniques on HF should hold off until
the regulation has been changed to permit their use, contributing to or
leading the effort to change the regulation if capable.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking the FCC for their view of
whether a particular mode or technique is legal under the current
regulations. The knowledge that many amateurs are confused about what
constitutes Spread Spectrum should if anything make the FCC more receptive
to a proposal to clarify the regulation. The claim that asking the FCC a
question can kill amateur radio is amazingly ridiculous; asking the FCC a
question is more likely to teleport the Loch Ness Monster into your swimming
pool than kill amateur radio.

Unlike broadcast television stations, amateur radio operators don't
individually negotiate their licenses with the FCC. Thus the comments below
regarding regulations being trumped by station permits negotiated by
attorneys is completely irrelevant.

The nasty name-calling that appears below and in previous posts today is
flat-out unacceptable. Were I moderator of this group, the offending parties
would be long gone.

     73,

          Dave, AA6YQ