SO ! that whats in my swimming pool.. I'll have to add more chlorine..

Garrett / AA0OI

________________________________
From: Dave AA6YQ <aa...@ambersoft.com>
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, July 19, 2010 9:58:44 PM
Subject: RE: [digitalradio] Re: ROS back bigger and better !

Enough of this juvenile garbage.

Amateur radio in the US is governed by regulations to which we agree to abide
when we are granted a license. These regulations are particularly important in
amateur radio because we all share one set of frequencies. These regulations
are
not perfect; in particular, the regulation constraining Spread Spectrum usage
is
insufficiently precise, and as a result precludes the use of techniques on HF
that the FCC would likely approve given a competent exposition. In this
situation, an amateur radio operator interested in using these techniques on HF
should hold off until the regulation has been changed to permit their use,
contributing to or leading the effort to change the regulation if capable.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking the FCC for their view of whether
a particular mode or technique is legal under the current regulations.
The knowledge that many amateurs are confused about what constitutes Spread
Spectrum should if anything make the FCC more receptive to a proposal to
clarify
the regulation. The claim that asking the FCC a question can kill amateur radio
is amazingly ridiculous; asking the FCC a question is more likely to teleport
the Loch Ness Monster into your swimming pool than kill amateur radio.

Unlike broadcast television stations, amateur radio operators don't
individually
negotiate their licenses with the FCC. Thus the comments below regarding
regulations being trumped by station permits negotiated by attorneys is
completely irrelevant.

The nasty name-calling that appears below and in previous posts today
is flat-out unacceptable. Were I moderator of this group, the offending parties
would be long gone.

     73,

          Dave, AA6YQ