Hi Shai,

one note.

On Thu, 20 Sep 2018 01:25:40 +0300
Shai Berger <s...@platonix.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:50:33 +0300
> Omer Zak <w...@zak.co.il> wrote:
>
> > אגיב בעברית, כי רשימת הדיוור הזו עובדת בעברית.
> > לדיונים באנגלית יש linux...@cs.huji.ac.il
>

> At any case, I would highly discourage taking community advice from
> ESR. Referring people to his "how to ask smart questions" is one of the
> surest ways to drive them away from your community, and his "Sex Tips
> for Geeks"[2], as much as I recall from looking at them many years ago,
> are misogynistic and generally appalling.

This seems like an https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem fallacy where you
say "Person X is wrong here just because he also said this and that with which
I disagree". I do not agree with everything ESR has said, but I linked to the
relevant posts which I found of value from him. Other insightful (IMO, YKMV)
resources of his are:

* http://catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/

* http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html

* http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=4229

* http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=7724

* http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Unix-and-Internet-Fundamentals-HOWTO/

* http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DocBook-Demystification-HOWTO/

* http://www.catb.org/esr/writings/taoup/

So I think he's not all bad (though his style often leaves a lot to be
desired). There are similar collective ad hominems voiced against
https://www.joelonsoftware.com/ or whoever.

I think the rest of your post has some value.

https://github.com/sindresorhus/awesome - curated list of lists

Who would win in a fight? Charlemagne, Charles Dickens, Charles Darwin or
Carlos “Chuck” Norris? If Summer Glau was the arbiter, she would just kill all
of them and declare herself the winner.
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Summer-Glau/