Hi,

On Aug 28, 2005, at 10:31 AM, Adam Moore wrote:

You can probably count me in. The fact that it's on a weekend is nice. :)

On 8/27/05, Louis Suarez-Potts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We have been invited to SCALE 4x.  It is 11-12 February 2006.  No
information yet on funding, etc., but we'd probably just have a booth.

Cheers,
Louis

:-)

It may make sense to attend this one, too. Here is my concern. We do have to get really focused. OOoCon is by far our most important conference, in part because it gives developers and other important contributors of OOo the unique chance to meet each other and learn more about the technology. In particular, it's where non-Sun developers can meet and talk to Sun developers. It is also a conference where important news is announced. It's our big yearly thing.

So, our initial focus, at least until OOoCon is over with, has to be on OOoCon. A lot still needs to be done, and we would love it if people on this list would help out, even if you personally are not attending. It's part of being a community, to do things that benefit the community. You receive credit for your work, along with the others who do it, but in many cases the work done is done for the community, because it has to be done. What has to be done for OOoCon? At the very least, the conference needs to be advertised more. Send a post to conference@marketing.openoffice.org to see what else needs to be done.

Best,
Louis