Louis Suarez-Potts wrote:
Jean Hollis Weber wrote:
As an aside, you may not know that Ian, Daniel and I received invitations to attend this year's SCALE, after the SCALE organisers discovered that we were speaking at DLS (which was held this year the week just before SCALE; in fact, there may have been some overlap in dates). Unfortunately, the invitations arrived far too late for any of us to change our travel plans.

Interesting. Did they invite you independent of OOo or as representatives of OOo?

I don't remember, and I can't find the note (I probably deleted it long ago). The context was "since you're in the area anyway, perhaps you could come to LA for a day or two after DLS; we'll let you in free", so I took it as a personal invitation.

If the latter, it would have been nice if you'd then forwarded them to the project's lists, specifically dev@marketing.openoffice.org, or even this one, as that way we could have seen if others could have attended, had it been in the Project's interest to do so.

If I recall correctly, the invitation arrived on the first or second day of RegiCon... in other words, only 2 or 3 days before the SCALE conference itself.

Jean