On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 13:52 +1000, Jean Hollis Weber wrote:

> > Interesting.  Did they invite you independent of OOo or as
> > representatives of OOo?
>
> I don't remember, and I can't find the note (I probably deleted
> it long ago). The context was "since you're in the area anyway,
> perhaps you could come to LA for a day or two after DLS; we'll
> let you in free", so I took it as a personal invitation.

IIRC its wasn't really made clear to me it was a "would you be
interested in attending" and since I was flying to Houston at that time
I didn't think any more of it.

> > If the latter, it would have been nice if  you'd
> > then forwarded them to the project's lists, specifically
> > dev@marketing.openoffice.org, or even this one, as that way we could
> > have seen if others could have attended, had it been in the Project's
> > interest to do so.

The thing is we did post about attending NEA and we posted a summary
after attending with some analysis of the marketing strategy adopted and
its implications for others doing the same thing but no-one seemed
particularly interested. Maybe there needs to be some sort of evaluation
after each conference attended. However, that is just another drain on
resources if no action is taken as a result.

> If I recall correctly, the invitation arrived on the first or
> second day of RegiCon... in other words, only 2 or 3 days before
> the SCALE conference itself.

That fits with what I remember and I was going to Houston straight after
Regicon to see Gary Frederick so I didn't think too much about SCALE.

--
Ian Lynch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZMSL