Karl Pielorz wrote:

I'm running 9.2-RC2 amd64 on a system, with a number of jails. The jails are setup using '/etc/jail.conf' - but the exec.fib in jail.conf seems to be being ignored?

e.g. in /etc/jail.conf I have:

"
testjail {
       jid = 100;
       exec.fib = 1;   <---- Set FIB 1
       path = /usr2/jails/testjail;
       host.hostname = testjail.somedomain.com;
       ip4.addr = 192.168.0.40;
       mount.devfs;
}
"

But if I run up that jail and connect to it, 'netstat -r -n' shows it's still using fib 0 (i.e. the default gateway is set).

If before running the jail, I do 'setfib 1 route add default 192.186.0.90' - when the jail is run up, again - netstat within it still shows the systems default gateway, not the gateway from fib 1?

-Karl

The jail(8) man page lacks details about how to use exec.fib.

It requires either a new kernel (with "options ROUTETABLES=2" or however many you want), or a boot-time setting with "net.fibs=2" in /boot/loader.conf (requiring a reboot).

setfib 1 route add default 198.192.64.21
creates routing table number 1 with that IP address.

In this example exec.fib="1" would be coded.

See setfib(8) and setfib(2) for details.