Karl Pielorz wrote:

--On 14 August 2013 08:58 -0400 Fbsd8 <fb...@a1poweruser.com> wrote:

The jail(8) man page lacks details about how to use exec.fib.

It requires either a new kernel (with "options ROUTETABLES=2" or however
many you want), or a boot-time setting with "net.fibs=2" in
/boot/loader.conf (requiring a reboot).

Yup, done that :)

setfib 1 route add default 198.192.64.21
creates routing table number 1 with that IP address.

In this example exec.fib="1" would be coded.

See setfib(8) and setfib(2) for details.

Yeah, I do that as well - but 'netstat -r -n' from within the jail shows the systems default routing table.

As opposed to 'setfib 1 netstat -r -n' (outside the jail) which shows fib either has no default gateway, or the one I set (which is right).

Just within the jail, it only every shows it's using the systems default routing table :(

Fib's work fine outside the jail (i.e. I can show them, set differing default gateways) - but no matter what I do, the 'exec.fib=' line in jail.conf seems to be ignored, when the jail is run up - it only ever sees the default routing table :(

-Karl

What your describing seems that the netstat command issued from within the jail is not "JAIL" aware. Develop another way from the host to verify that jail's 'exec.fib=' parameter is working or not.