Hello,

I have an external speech synthesizer that I have been fooling around with on
my host os. Mac os x 10.7 lion.

In order to use the synthesizer on my mac I had to get a usb2serial adaptor and
install it's driver. The driver is based off of the ftdi chipset. My usb2serial
adaptor is located at /dev/cu.usbserial-FTKVMAFF on my mac. I have used this
path to send text to my synthesizer.

I have virtualbox and freedos running as a guest os. There was a utilities disk
that came with the synthesizer, and I have copied some programs to my freedos c
drive.

I wanted to run some of the utilities programs so I hooked up my speech
synthesizer connected to my MacBook pro laptop via a USB port, I am using my
usb2serial adaptor. And I have my synthesizer turned on.

There is a test program included with the utilities. And when I run it it says
my synthesizer is not working properly. I have a doubletalk lt external
synthesizer. And like I said I verified that it is working. In the manual for
the synthesizer it says, that you pro ally don't need to install any additional
software. Although there are some special drivers like for windows 98.

I am wondering how to set up my device in virtualbox to work with freedos? I
have looked in the settings for my guest os, freedos. I see under ports a
section on serial ports, and also a section on USB. But I don't know which
would relate to my external speech synthesizer.

I did click on the little USB icon when freedos was running and my usb2serial
device was listed but when I checked it a virtualbox window popped up saying
something about an error.

I think it referred to ioctl but I can get more info on the exact error.

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone had any info or help on getting my speech
synthesizer working?

Sent from my iPhone