Hm, we've discussed that author before... oh well.

What I found that could be of use for us: «giving us back our ability to make boundaries [...] shouldn't let strangers message strangers, and all sites and apps should allow users to block others. [...] A block should be across all site functions». I think we're already ok in that regard.

«Most guys don't think about being sized up for sexual value as the first thing anyone judges about them everywhere they go» is an argument that always makes me think but it's at least hetero-centric (on Wikimedia projects the balance might be on the opposite side, who knows). MediaWiki's mostly impersonal interaction helps a lot here.

Carol Moore dc, 23/06/2014 06:34:
A lot of women used to be outspoken about all this here when this email
list started, but that stopped after a bunch of guys joined and started
hassling them about it.
SURPRISE!!

By looking at this directory, I can tell that I mostly stopped reading this list in January 2012, one week after a fight between two vocal women.

Nemo