Responding to this on my phone, so please excuse what I assume will be
wonky formatting/quoting, but:

Derric, you say you hope your email didn't come across as shouting over the
women or generalizing about them,  but to me it did (and I say this not
just to make you feel bad - I see you've already apologized in another
thread - but to make a larger point). This is something women online In
general, and women on this list especially, in my experience, face very
often: a discussion about how we feel unwelcome and talked over is
responded to by a man saying, "now, now, let's not be mean and hurt men's
feelings" or "well that's not what I intended!"or all this argument won't
fix anything!" When was the last time someone stepped into a conversation
among men and said "Oh now boys, stop being so mean" or "you're hurting my
feelings by talking about something that needs to be fixed,  I insist you
stop"? It's a condescending approach that is pretty much only deployed
against women, this sense that fighting, or even disagreeing in a way that
makes men feel like imperfect allies, is somehow unseemly and should be
stopped. And again, I don't think you intended condescension,  but the
world condescends using those same terms/arguments.

Though the words may be the same, "i stopped posting because men started
shouting over me" and "i stopped posting because women started shouting
over me" come from very different places and mean very different thing to
the people involved  in those sentences.  Similarly, to respond to
something someone else said, is NOT an equivalent experience for two women
to be "vocal" in disagreement and a man to find it unattractive/annoying
and thus tune it out,  and for women to stop speaking because they feel
that whenever they share their experiences, men jump in to say "yes but"
and derail the conversation. One results in a man rolling his eyes; the
other results in women literally feeling unsafe and unwelcome in a
discussion space.

Part of being a productive ally is a willingness to listen to and believe
experiences people tell you about, even when hearing them feels like you're
being confronted about something you didn't personally do.