>> Carol Moore dc, 23/06/2014 06:34:
>> A lot of women used to be outspoken about all this here when this email
>> list started, but that stopped after a bunch of guys joined and started
>> hassling them about it.
>> SURPRISE!!
>
> By looking at this directory, I can tell that I mostly stopped reading
> this list in January 2012, one week after a fight between two vocal women.
>
> Nemo

Nemo and Carol both, I really don't like the direction that this discussion is
going.  Can we please steer it back on topic and remember why we are all here?

From the Mailing list signup page:
"Addressing gender equity and exploring ways to increase the participation of
women within Wikimedia projects.

Wikimedia Foundation surveys show that the participation of women in Wikipedia
and related projects are between 9 and 13 percent. This mailing list is
provided by the Wikimedia Foundation as a communication tool to collectively
address the realities of the gender gap within our projects. We are focused
on discussing solutions and exploring opportunities that may serve as a
starting point to improve gender equity, increase the participation of women
and trans women, and reduce the impact of the gender gap within Wikipedia,
Wikimedia Commons, and the 'free knowledge movement'. We want to encourage you
to engage with others in this effort. Your thoughts and opinions in this
regard matter to us and to the community."

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott