Hi Sandra,

The Wiki Education Foundation has done collaborations like that. We work
with a handful of academic associations in the U.S. who encourage their
members (professors who teach in that discipline) to assign their students
to fill content gaps on Wikipedia. We've had a lot of success with the
project. You can see the outcomes of the sociology one, which has had an
impact on the gender gap on the English Wikipedia, in this recent article:
http://www.asanet.org/footnotes/septoct14/wikipedia_0914.html

Our Educational Partnerships Manager, Jami Mathewson, is working with the
National Women's Studies Association to form a similar collaboration right
now; Jami and one of our volunteers spent last weekend at their annual
conference, both hosting an exhibit about how to fill content gaps in
women's studies through classroom programs and having a two-session
workshop in the conference schedule. I know Jami's working on a blog post
with more information about her experiences soon, so look out for that on
Wiki Ed's blog.

I definitely highly recommend projects like this as great ways to target
content gaps (but I'll emphasize that the reason this works is because we
have a vibrant support structure for our wider educational efforts -- see
more at http://wikiedu.org/for-instructors/ ). I know Wikimedia Nederland
has been talking about getting going with an education program; maybe you
should talk with them to see if you can connect your idea to the existing
education plan? More info on that is here:
https://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/Education/Newsletter/August_2014/Pilot_projects_by_Wikimedia_Nederland

Hope this helps,
LiAnna

LiAnna Davis